[Qgis-developer] The v1.0.x question

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Sep 4 20:22:12 EDT 2009

So, I haven't seen much of a concensus about whether to keep v1.0.3
maintained.  I'm wondering how the organization of svn matters.  If I
have a bug fix that I'd like to apply to a possible future 1.0.3, what
do I apply it to?  I don't want to have to remember when a 1.0.3
branch is created to apply the patch.

Thinking along the same organization as GRASS, I'd expect a 1.0.x
branch where bug fixes are backported to, then a release is tagged off
that.  It looks like tags were forgotten after 1.0 preview 2.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe