[Qgis-developer] Create Multiple Polygons from Polygon and Polylines

Matthew Denno mgdenno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:53:46 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to programmaticly create a polygon shapefile from two separate
input shapefiles.  The first is a boundary polygon shapefile and the second
is a a polyline shapefile that contains a number of segments (could many)
that are spatially contained in the boundary polygon.  The polyline segments
either form closed areas or when connected end-to-end extend accross the
polygon. I want to use the polylines to essentially cut the polygon into
smaller polygons.  Does anyone have any suggestions where to start with this
problem.  My question may not be completely clear so I have uploaded an
example picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42311742@N02/3904105994/

Thanks,

Matt