[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] [Fwd: Binary QGIS 1.2.0.2~jaunty + GRASS does not work]

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 07:55:42 EDT 2009

This is what I've tried now (not having the qgis grass plugin installed):

sudo apt-get remove libgdal1-1.5.0
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get install libgdal1-1.6.0
sudo apt-get install grass
grass -tcltk

and

In grass
r.in.gdal -o
input=/media/Transcend/ANYELLA/catuav20090730/tif/SDIM0178.tif
output=delmetif

worked fine. Is this a sufficient test for "Can you use any GRASS layers
from GDAL? "
If not, tell me which one would be more appropriate.

Now, if I try:
$ sudo apt-get install qgis-plugin-grass
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libgdal1-1.5.0 libgdal1-1.5.0-grass qgis-plugin-grass-common
  libgdal1-1.5.0 libgdal1-1.5.0-grass qgis-plugin-grass
  qgis-plugin-grass-common
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/9986kB of archives.
After this operation, 19.4MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

So I do not see the workaround, how can I install qgis-plugin-grass
and not libgdal1-1.5.0-grass ?

The only thing I can do is removing
libgdal1-1.5.0-grass after installing qgis-plugin-grass, but
this does not seem to work...

(how can I list all items related to qgis and grass using apt?)

Agus

Note that using apt-get install qgis I get