[Qgis-developer] Value Tool does not work on 1.3.0

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 12:39:57 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com> wrote:
> (This message was sent through Nabble also but I've got a note stating tha
> was
> not distributed. Sorry if it is finally duplicated)
>
> This does not seem to be the problem, as Value tool
> does not work on intrepid either (I'm using 1.3.0.1~intrepid3)
> On intrepid, the graphic window draws the axes but not the line
> and both Profile and Scattergram work fine. But the value tool
> does not print or plot the values.
>
> On jaunty, the graphic window complains about qwt. Have
> not tested Profile and Scattergram (will do it in the evening). And
> value tool does not print the values.
>
> So it seems there are 2 problems here, the most important one being
> the one making value tool not printing the values.
>
> BTW, I think that such a fundamental information as the raster value should
> be
> displayed on the bottom, just besides the position information. In some
> packages (i,e, TNTmips) you see both the actual raster values (up to 3) and
> the RGB of the color displayed (which do not necessarily match). Then,
> an additional tool such as the current Value tool would provide additional
> extended information.
>
> Anyway, the urgent thing now is getting the value tool back working!

 I've just had a nose at the Value Tool code and I think I've solved it..

 Edit valuewidget.py and change the two instances of:
SIGNAL("xyCoordinates(QgsPoint &)") to

SIGNAL("xyCoordinates(const QgsPoint &)")

 - it's just a case of adding 'const' before QgsPoint....

 It looks like the signal definition changed.

Barry