[Qgis-developer] python console issues

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Sep 17 12:45:14 EDT 2009

I was trying to figure out a python extension issue with a bundled
module on OSX, and wanted to see what the sys.path was as Qgis sees it
(Qgis 1.3).  I only get errors in the python console.

import sys
sys.path

just echos the commands in the output.  'print sys.path' does give me
the sys.path in the output.

In previous versions (1.1? 1.0), and in a Terminal python session, you
don't need to explicitly print output.

Also, <return> doesn't execute the python any more, but allows me to
type multiline commands, yet it's all just run together as a single
line command (like the python interpreter in a terminal does).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy