[Qgis-developer] Shaded Relief python plugin available pyqgis, org

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at netscape.net
Sat Sep 19 17:23:07 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> I just tried your plugin out (I've been waiting for this!) and it worked
> great. It would be a great addition to the qgis analysis lib if ever you
> felt motivated to rewrite it in c++!

Since my c++ knowledge is limited to common sense, my invitation for a
rewrite goes out to any motivated qgis developer :)

> In the mean time here are two suggestions:
>
>  -   let the user choose which layer to use from the list of already
> loaded layers rather than just assuming the active layer is the one to
> be used

I actually had thought about that a bit but decided that I want to
keep the interface minimalistic. The list provided by the main window
looks good to me. What I can see is a "Apply" button which does not
close the plugin. Not sure how to implement that.

>  -  preserve no data values from the original dem.

That is a good idea and maybe not too hard. numpy has a notion of
masked arrays which could come in handy.

> Thanks for writing this!

Glad you find it useful, Andreas