[Qgis-developer] Windows Standalone Install Will Not Run on Freshly Imaged Computers

Bruce, Bob (CON) Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Wed Sep 23 12:37:20 EDT 2009

Hello Group:

                        Yesterday I just got my hands on a newly imaged
computer that had the latest Government of Manitoba XP image installed
on it. I wanted to test the standalone installs of QGIS before I tried
any installs of the OSGEO4W images. I installed version 1.3.0 and the
install seemed to work OK. When I tried running it though I got the
error message:

"The application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem."

I unistalled QGIS and reinstalled it and got the same message. Next I
tried installing the standalone versions 1.2.0, 1.1.0 and 1.0.2 and got
exactly the same errors. When I went back to the installer for 0.11.0
this installed and ran OK.

Today I went down to the Government of Manitoba computer test lab and
got a newly-imaged computer and found exactly the same problem. Then I
ran the OSGEO4W installer on all of these versions and on 1.4.0 and all
of the QGIS versions ran OK. Afterwards I was able to run the standalone
versions OK also.

Would someone happen to know what might be wrong with the installs of
the standalone versions and how I might fix them to get them to run
without the OSGEO4W versions?

Thanks,

            Bob Bruce

**********************************

**    Bob Bruce, P.Eng.                            Geomatics Support
Engineer

**    bbruce at gov.mb.ca                          Manitoba
Geomatics/Remote Sensing Branch,

**    work # (204) 945-6636                    1007 Century Street,

**    FAX  # (204) 945-1365                    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Canada, R3H 0W4

**

**    The Manitoba Centre for:

**             Cadastral & Topographical Mapping, and Remote Sensing

**             See us on the Web at:
http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/geomatics/

**                 and:
http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/geomatics/cada_mapping/index.html

**             Check out our digital maps at:
http://mlidata.gov.mb.ca/WPMLI

**                 and: https://mli2.gov.mb.ca/