[Qgis-developer] cannot include port numbers in the url for python plugins?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 03:38:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Jeff Hamann
<Jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com> wrote:
> It seems that we cannot include port numbers in the urls for qgis
> repositories, yes?
>   <pyqgis_plugin version='version 0.0.1' name='rufus'>
>     <homepage>http://www.forestinformatics.com:9182/qgis</homepage>
>
>  <download_url>http://www.forestinformatics.com:9182/qgis/rufus.zip</download_url>
>   </pyqgis_plugin>
> </plugins>
> while the html output displayed just fine, qgis would return an error. I've
> since moved the directory to a place that doesn't require the port number
> but want to keep the two httpd locations completely separate for now. is is
> possible to include the port number in the url?

 Seems to work for me with Qgis 1.3. I put:

http://www.forestinformatics.com:9182/qgis/plugins.xml

 into the URL field and 'rufus port test' in the name. Plugin
installer was happy, and it installed your plugin.

What was your error, and what version of Qgis? Are you sure you got
the right URL in the field? It has to be the URL of the xml, not the
repository folder.

Barry