[Qgis-developer] New by: compiling qgis on Windows XP

Vincent Honnet vincent.honnet at external.thalesgroup.com
Thu Apr 8 05:26:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm a newby in this mailing list, so, sorry if I ask for something that
was laready discussed. In that case, please give me the paths to the
posts I missed.

I'm trying to compile Qgis on Windows XP.
Since I can't use osgeo4w because of proxies of my company I have to
download and compile everything by myself.

My dependancies are:

qgis 1.4 sources from qgis_1.4.0.tar.gz
GDal 1.7 (this is important for us)
Python 2.5
PostGreSQL 8.4
geos 3.2.0 (that I compile)
QT 4.6.2 LGPL (that I compile)
SIP 4.10.1 (that I compile)
PyQt4 4.7.2 GPL (that I compile)
libiconv 1.9.2
proj-4.7.0
gsl 1.13

Environment:
Windows XP Pro
Visual Studio 8 2005
CMake 2.8
bison 2.4.1
flex 2.5.4

I got qgis compiled in debug and release.
The debug version doesn't work for now but I didn't investigate it for
the moment.
The release version starts and I can open rasters for examples.
But, it looks like a lot of tools or python dependencies are missing,
for example, in the directory python there is only the directory
plugins, no osgeo, no gdal.py and co., no logging, no OpenGL, etc.
So I'm asking myself what I forgot to do or download. Any ideas for me ?
Thanks a lot in advance,

Vincent