[Qgis-developer] GPS Plugin Bug on windows

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:39:07 EDT 2010

Hi folks,
I've stumbled upon something that looks like this bug.
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1170
The problem seems simples. I'm using QGIS 1.5 and Windows XP with a garmin
gps.
When calling gpsbabel from command line everything runs smoothly.
When loading the data directly from the gps using qgis' plugin the "Invalid
layer" message apear.
The file is not even created and no signal comes from the gps.

As a workaround I've edited the gps "Devices". I've changed from

"%in" "%out"
usb: c:\test.gpx

And everything worked fine.
As far as I can see I'm stumbling upon some string replacing problem when
changing from the "%out" to the actual path used in the plugin.

When I changed just the "%in" to usb: I've found a %out file in my c:\
folder. So the plugin is not working properly when replacing %out to the
actual filename  I've found on the gui.
Is someone able to reproduce it? I've tested on 3 machines. One linux
(worked well) and 2 windows xp. None of the windows xp worked.

--
1º Ten Mauricio - Engenheiro Cartógrafo
Chefe da Seção de Processamento de Imagens