[Qgis-developer] QGIS build with GDAL 1.7.x - Ubuntu

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Aug 28 07:52:22 EDT 2010

Hi Noli,

On Sat, 28. Aug 2010 at 19:40:16 +1000, Noli Sicad wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion in compiling from the source.

> However, I investigated your QGIS 1.5.0.2 built and this one is
> actually build with libgdal1.7.0.

Sure.  As said earlier ubuntugis has GDAL 1.7 and the QGIS version in ubuntugis
uses it.

And for the other builds spatialite support through the spatialite provider
will also work just fine (ie. Layer/Add Spatialite Layer or Layer/New
Spatialite Layer).

But "Save As" doesn't use the spatialite provider but OGR.  So for that
SpatiaLite support is up to GDAL/OGR.  AFAIK earlier versions of GDAL didn't
have a clear distinction between SQLite and SpatiaLite - so you don't know if
sqlite means SQLite and SpatiaLite unless you check how GDAL was built.  I'm
not even sure GDAL 1.7 changes that - but it probably usually always built with
spatialite.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden