[Qgis-developer] QGIS build with GDAL 1.7.x - Ubuntu

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 09:02:42 EDT 2010

Hi Juergen

> And for the other builds spatialite support through the spatialite provider
> will also work just fine (ie. Layer/Add Spatialite Layer or Layer/New
> Spatialite Layer).

QGIS 1.5.0.2 has problem with these processes. Mac OS version can do
these operations.

> But "Save As" doesn't use the spatialite provider but OGR.  So for that
> SpatiaLite support is up to GDAL/OGR.  AFAIK earlier versions of GDAL didn't
> have a clear distinction between SQLite and SpatiaLite - so you don't know
> if
> sqlite means SQLite and SpatiaLite unless you check how GDAL was built.  I'm
> not even sure GDAL 1.7 changes that - but it probably usually always built
> with spatialite.

Mac OS version has the same problem. It saves as sqlite, not spatialite.

Right now, "Saves As" should be avoid if we can dealing with Spatialite.

I hope this will be fixed or remove from the listbox as option.

Noli