[Qgis-developer] qgis-mapserver docs

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 10:56:06 EDT 2010

I hope QGIS has html user manual aside from pdf manual.

It offers quick and easy access to what you need rather than
downloading the whole pdf which is quite big (e.g. 2 Mb) because of
the screenshots and figures. If you are user in the developing
countries or with a slow internet connection you don't want to
download this pdf manuals if it is bigger than 1 Mb.

Html / website user manual promotes / offers visibility of the project
as well for example uDig has friendly manuals. Aside from it, it is
harder to read pdf manual when the manual has more than 10 pages.

http://www.refractions.net:8080/confluence/display/DEV/Home

Probably we should consider Wiki Book /Wiki for QGIS, so users can
contribute as well. The QGIS plugins need documentation.

Noli