[Qgis-developer] Re: SLD export : improve plugin or wait for feature ?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Dec 7 15:10:42 EST 2010

Hi Kimaidou

The QgsSLDParser in the mapservercode transforms SLD->QGIS symbology (not the
other way round). The code is a bit old and it does not handle the new
symbology. So I think it would be good to rewrite the SLD conversion
completely based on symbology-ng.

> What would be the best / easiest way ? Code in C++ ? If so, I will need
> some help here :) since I have never coded in C++ before.

Yes, for maximum reusability, it should be in C++ and in the core library.
Like this, it can be used by desktop, mapserver and plugins. Import from SLD
could be done based on the rule based renderer class, which has a similar
organisation as SLD.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions