[Qgis-developer] Edit UI doesn't load the field's value

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Dec 8 04:18:53 EST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 08. Dec 2010 at 08:36:01 +0100, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
> no, I did not file a ticket for this, although I would support doing so.
> If I customize the default edit-ui via "Layer Properties" - "Attributes"
> and choose a "value map" for a numerical field the resulting ComboBox
> shows the Strings I define but saves the values to the layer's table. I
> had expected the same behaviour with a custom ui but nope.

I can't reproduce that (with trunk) - both the spinbox and the combobox issue.
One subtle issue to check would be that OGR reports integers longer than 10 as
Real instead of Int and therefore the normal spinbox doesn't work.  But that
shouldn't be an issue with postgres.

BTW I don't it's necessary to ask, if someone else is able to reproduce a
problem before filing a ticket.   If you see a problem and have checked
throughroughly that you're not doing something wrong, so it's likely to be a
QGIS problem, file a ticket.

Discussing it on the mailing list first and filing a ticket it later, just make
me look for a duplicate in TRAC, because I've seen the reported problem earlier
then - but forgot it was on the list and not in another ticket.

Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden