Re: [Qgis-developer] Spatialite ’select’ statement as vector layer in QGIS

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 11:59:22 EST 2010

Hi all
In fact, I have a plugin that allows to load custom spatialite queries
to the map canvas. I started it as a pet project, to see if I could
improve my Qt skills ;)

Currently it is really crude. I can make it available at the
experimental repository if you are interested.
My initial goal was to make something that could be made to work for
spatialite and postgis alike. Currently, only the spatialite part
works (and just barely).

I was trying to make a more stripped plugin, that I could just use to
write some SQL and see the results in 3 ways:

- directly over the map canvas, creating a temporary layer (that
cannot be edited), a la RT SQL style  <- this already works and it
seems to be what you want;
- saving a new layer to the database, based on the query, and
immediately loading it to the canvas <- not implemented (yet);
- just making a normal query, without visualizing the results in the
map canvas <- not implemented (yet).