[Qgis-developer] kCube to donate 6 months of developer time - have your say!

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Dec 12 14:56:39 EST 2010

Hi Tim,

This is cool.

Without knowing their expertise, here are issues from my wishlist:

* support for circular arc strings (in the Postgis provider), viewing
and editing of circular arcs - postgis can already store them
* native Oracle spatial provider (similar to the Postgis provider)
* Better forms support: provide an alternative forms view to the table
view where one can
     - skim through the individual records or jump to first/last
     - filter by certain fields and the forms list would only display
the selection
     - globally update certain fields from the forms view on all the
selected records
     - add a new record --> results in a new blank form
     - delete the selected records from the form
     - highlight the associated geometry from the form
     - define "required" fields for the form that must be filled out
(marked red)
     - support of default values/reference data sets
* integration of a report builder, allows generation of reports from
attributes and map views - maybe an open source report builder would
exists - something like Jasper (this is Java, unfortunately)

For the forms support I am attaching a screenshot from a topobase form.
See the bottom toolbar that allows to go from one record to the next,
delete, filter, highlight, create new records, etc.

Andreas