[Qgis-developer] Remove geoprocessing plugin?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Dec 14 10:39:18 EST 2010

> > there is a nice plugin: EasyPrint, that could replace QuickPrint, after
> > some tuning (e.g. replacing the heading). I suggest to add it to trunk.
>
> Let's wait for Marco's additions to composer (as mentioned by him on
> kcube dev wiki page).

What I mentioned on the wiki page is kind of a print service with QGIS
mapserver, so no replacement for QuickPrint / EasyPrint.

In the print composer, there is the possibility to create default composer
templates by moving the composer templates into
pkgDataPath/composer_templates.

Maybe it would be good to put a nice default qgis template there. However, the
user still needs to go to the composer manager, open the template and click
the print button in the composer window. So QuickPrint / EasyPrint are still
quicker (or easier) :-)

Regards,
Marco

Am Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010, um 10.35:53 schrieb Martin Dobias:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:
> > Il 13/12/2010 21:05, Martin Dobias ha scritto:
> >> I would vote to remove it once we have some print composer templates:
> >> so that people can print / export to pdf with no effort to lay out the
> >> items.
> >
> > there is a nice plugin: EasyPrint, that could replace QuickPrint, after
> > some tuning (e.g. replacing the heading). I suggest to add it to trunk.
>
> Let's wait for Marco's additions to composer (as mentioned by him on
> kcube dev wiki page).

> >> IIRC annotations are always bound to a particular position on map, so
> >> they're a bit different than the copyright label that is always in the
> >> corner...
> >
> > I remember there was a copyright python plugin; I think this could
> > replace the C++ implementation, being more flexible.
>
> This was actually historically the first qgis python plugin ever
> written :-) I have ported it from c++ to Python just to see whether
> the bindings and plugin infrastructure work correctly.
>
> I don't know what to do with the whole bunch of simple "decoration"
> plugins: maybe their functionality could be best ported directly into
> qgis application and we would (maybe) save some time during the qgis
> startup since we will avoid loading of few modules.
>
> Martin

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland