[Qgis-developer] Remove geoprocessing plugin?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 04:35:53 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 13/12/2010 21:05, Martin Dobias ha scritto:
>
>> I would vote to remove it once we have some print composer templates:
>> so that people can print / export to pdf with no effort to lay out the
>> items.
>
> there is a nice plugin: EasyPrint, that could replace QuickPrint, after some tuning
> (e.g. replacing the heading). I suggest to add it to trunk.

Let's wait for Marco's additions to composer (as mentioned by him on
kcube dev wiki page).

>>>  - copyright (you can just add an annotation)
>>
>> IIRC annotations are always bound to a particular position on map, so
>> they're a bit different than the copyright label that is always in the
>> corner...
>
> I remember there was a copyright python plugin; I think this could replace the C++
> implementation, being more flexible.

This was actually historically the first qgis python plugin ever
written :-) I have ported it from c++ to Python just to see whether
the bindings and plugin infrastructure work correctly.

I don't know what to do with the whole bunch of simple "decoration"
plugins: maybe their functionality could be best ported directly into
qgis application and we would (maybe) save some time during the qgis
startup since we will avoid loading of few modules.

Martin