[Qgis-developer] Documentation on how to make a C++ DLL interact with QGIS

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 14 16:10:21 EST 2010

Hi

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM, maaza mekuria <sailmcm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear QGIS Developer Family:
>
> I am looking for any documentation/instructions about how to make a C++ DLL
> interact with QGIS as a plugin. I would not mind using either completely in
> c++ through perhaps QT or with a Python front end inside QGIS. I have some
> experience making Python plugins, now I want to go the next step to have my
> external application interact with QGIS data directly.
>
> I am also interested in compiling an app with my own QGIS GUI but that may
> require more work than I can do right now, and if I could pass data from
> Copiano or trunk QGIS to my application, I would be satisfied.
>
> Thank you for any help,
>
> Maaza

Hi Maaza
If I understand you correctly, you want to write a standalone app with
embedded QGIS functionality correct? In which case please see:

http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/trunk/code_examples/1_hello_world_qgis_style

There are several more tutorials there, though some may need revision
to reflect the current state of QGIS in trunk.

If you want a more complex example - which creates a standalone app
which itself can display qgis plugins etc. then please look here
(undocument but working example current to QGIS trunk).

http://openmodeller.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openmodeller/branches/branch-openModellerDesktop-newQgis/

hope that helps!

Regards

Tim