[Qgis-developer] Remove geoprocessing plugin?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 14 16:33:12 EST 2010

HI

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Borys Jurgiel <borysiasty at aster.pl> wrote:
>> I don't know what to do with the whole bunch of simple "decoration"
>> plugins: maybe their functionality could be best ported directly into
>> qgis application and we would (maybe) save some time during the qgis
>> startup since we will avoid loading of few modules.
>
> What about one "decoration" layer with multiple text boxes, scale bar, and
> north arrow. Tim is working on such decorations, Tim, aren't you?

Indeed I am so standbye on that one. First I want to get the new
plugin  / snippet / user map etc site running and then I will go back
to working on that. In my rework, all 'decoration plugins' will become
'widget plugins' that will be accessed from a widget bar and dropped
onto the map. They will work in the same way as Marco's annotations
where they can be place map relative or canvas relative (in fact they
will derive from the annotation code). Thats the plan anyway but I
dont have exact timings yet.

By the way - copyright plugin was also one of the first C++ plugins
ever written so it has some history in QGIS too :-P

@Paolo: indeed I was thinking to replace quick print with easy print
when I suggested removing it.

Regards

Tim