[Qgis-developer] Is it possible to re-use print composer code to build a web service ?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Dec 20 15:50:01 EST 2010

Hi Allesandro,

In fact, Marco is currently working on exactly what you want. He is
extending QGIS mapserver with a GetPrint command that allows to specify
the map extent, the layout/template to use, rotation parameter, dpi,
etc. and you'll get a PDF/SVG/PNG/JPEG as output. The templates will be
picked up from the QGIS project file.

If you can wait until next year (probably mid to end of January) it will
be part of QGIS mapserver.

So no need to work on it in parallel - unless you have something else in
mind.

Andreas