[Qgis-developer] Is it possible to re-use print composer code to build a web service ?

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 03:08:48 EST 2010

2010/12/20 Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>

>  Hi Allesandro,
>
> In fact, Marco is currently working on exactly what you want. He is
> extending QGIS mapserver with a GetPrint command that allows to specify the
> map extent, the layout/template to use, rotation parameter, dpi, etc. and
> you'll get a PDF/SVG/PNG/JPEG as output. The templates will be picked up
> from the QGIS project file.
>
> If you can wait until next year (probably mid to end of January) it will be
> part of QGIS mapserver.
>
> So no need to work on it in parallel - unless you have something else in
> mind.

Great!

This is exactly what I had in mind, so I will wait for your solution.

Did you foresee the possibility to insert kvp substitution parameters for
text strings in print templates ?

Something that allows sending substitution strings in the request, for
example the name of the customer or similar short text snippets.

example:

[ Printed by: {username}]

Thanks a lot for this developments!

--