[Qgis-developer] Please vote : kCube Developer Poll

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Dec 23 09:42:59 EST 2010

jsxgraph is also very nice:

http://jsxgraph.uni-bayreuth.de/wp/

Protovis is also very nice (as Barry said):
http://vis.stanford.edu/protovis/
examples: http://vis.stanford.edu/protovis/ex/

I believe that Protovis is based on SVG only, so it may not run in older
IEs. IE9 should work fine though. JSXGraph renders to either SVG or VML
(for older IEs).

Andreas

On Thu, December 23, 2010 12:22 pm, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:35 AM,  <mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Each time there is a new vote:
>> 1- the page managing the vote adds the result of the vote to a plain
>> text file
>> 2- launch an R script (by a system/bash call)
>> The R script will do the following:
>> 3- Read the results of the vote from the plain text file
>> 4- Generates the plot(s), saving it in a png file in a folder of the web
>> server
>> 5- optionally adding interaction (saving relevant javascript file)
>>
>> The steps 1 and 2 can be replaced by a direct call to R (there are R
>> bindings from many web scripting languages).
>>
>> I volunteer to do steps 3 to 5 if you are interested.
>> This requires to have R installed on the web server (it is packaged for
>> most linux distribs).
>
>  Using R would be massive overkill! Open-source javascript packages
> exist for charting, Tim has just blogged about this so I assume he's
> working on it.
>
>  I've used 'flot' in the past and am being impressed by 'protovis'.
>
> Barry

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/
http://www.svgopen.org/