[Qgis-developer] Additional icons for Openstreetmap rendering

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Sun Dec 26 06:37:35 EST 2010

Hi,
I have created a new set of icons based on SJJB Icons (those are
"official" icons for Openstreetmap).
There are important additions to
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/changeset/14131
 namely:
- I added the new icons created recently by SJJB
- I created coloured icons instead of black icons
(those are similar to http://www.sjjb.co.uk/mapicons/contactsheet
except you will not find svg coloured icons nor the tools to create them
on sjjb website)
- I created icons without background (negative of above icons) which
take much less room on the map
- I fixed some icons that had a white drawing outside of the svg
document border (this does not show up when you work with a white
background screen in inkscape or when rasterizing the icons as SJJB
does, but it showed up on qgis screen)
- I created several new original icons from scratch that I want to
release under the GPL or under the same licence as SJJB (will be simpler
for SJJB to integrate them)
- I fixed some typos filenames

Those are the icons I used for my work here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3222

I cannot attach them on the trac website because the tar.gz file is > 1
MB. How can I share them?
In addition, I created a set of script to generate the coloured icons
based on the raw svg files. I do not know where this should go in the
qgis tree.
Regards,
Mayeul