[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] bugfix and cheating

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Feb 8 11:44:11 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Marco Hugentobler <marco at hugis.net> wrote:
> Hi Greg
>
> In my opinion, Paolo is right.

 In my opinion, as soon as amounts of money starts being offered, you
get a contract written out and nailed down. Specify times (including
timezones - remember today is already yesterday for someone), places,
deliverables, verification procedures, arbitrators in the event of
dispute etc etc etc etc.

 If Qgis devs want to go bounty hunting then we need to see how the
open source community polices bounty hunting. Anyone got experience?

 So I think Greg can keep his money, we can all hiss and boo at him,
but it's a lesson learned.

 Oh, obligatory "I Am Not A Lawyer" (but I did date a girl who taught
law and read some of her Contract Law books. Crazy times!).

Barry

--
blog: http://geospaced.blogspot.com/
web: http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings