[Qgis-developer] Progress bar or continuous feature display when displaying large datasets (feature request)

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 14:35:04 EST 2010

I'm currently working on a geodatabase benchmark proposal (look for
"HSR Texas Database Benchmark") and consequently dealing with large
datasets.
When displaying these large datasets in QGIS I often get trapped in
thinking, the process would never end because there's "just" a wait
cursor.
As a feature request I would suggest that there could be a continuous
feature display (as in uDig :->) or at least a progress bar (if
datasource makes this info available).
Just my 5 cents. -Stefan