[Qgis-developer] Progress bar or continuous feature display when displaying large datasets (feature request)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Feb 10 15:24:37 EST 2010

Hi Stefan,

Continuous feature drawing is already possible, but is disabled by
default, as in the overall, it slows down rendering.

If you want to enable it:

Settings --> Options --> Rendering & SVG --> Rendering behavior -->
"Number of Features to draw before updating the display" --> set it to > 0
(e.g. 10000).

Andreas

On Wed, February 10, 2010 8:35 pm, Stefan Keller wrote:
> I'm currently working on a geodatabase benchmark proposal (look for
> "HSR Texas Database Benchmark") and consequently dealing with large
> datasets.
> When displaying these large datasets in QGIS I often get trapped in
> thinking, the process would never end because there's "just" a wait
> cursor.
> As a feature request I would suggest that there could be a continuous
> feature display (as in uDig :->) or at least a progress bar (if
> datasource makes this info available).
> Just my 5 cents. -Stefan

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/