[Qgis-developer] Google summer of code ideas

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:45:32 EST 2010

Hi developers:

I have an idea that I want ask you if it could be of interest for google summer of code 2010.

The idea is the following:

A raster translator gui based on gdal to translate between raster formats, with support for custom options per format.
Ability to transform just one file or many of them at once.
Some core classes to support exporting current view of raster in a qgis project  to any gdal supported format.

If you think is a good idea, I'll be glad to work as a mentor in this project.

Regards
Godofredo Contreras