[Qgis-developer] (very) dynamic (python) forms

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Jan 3 13:49:41 EST 2010

Hi Richard,

In the QGIS 1.4 or the development builds there is the possibility to
specify an onload python script. This script is called whenever the
dialogue is opened.

I can send you an example tomorrow and more info from my workplace. I
don't have it at home. Jürgen Fischer implemented this if you have more
in-depth questions.

Best,
Andreas

On Sun, January 3, 2010 1:02 pm, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I got a question from some fieldworkers to be able to do (point/area)
> digitizing in the field using qgis and qps on a netbook with touchscreen.
> I read tim's blog post:
> http://linfiniti.com/2009/11/creating-dynamic-forms-a-new-feature-headed-for-qgis-1-4/
>
> I need a way to hook my own dialog into the edittool, but only using the
> ui-file is not enough, because I need to fill/layout the dialog with
> dropdowns according to a certain context.
>
> Any ideas, pointers or lines of code to be able to use a truly dynamic
> scriptable form?
>
> For example: where do I hook a python plugin into the edittool(s)?
>
> Did other people already do a project like this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/