[Qgis-developer] (very) dynamic (python) forms

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jan 3 07:02:50 EST 2010

Hi List,

I got a question from some fieldworkers to be able to do (point/area)
digitizing in the field using qgis and qps on a netbook with touchscreen.
I read tim's blog post:
http://linfiniti.com/2009/11/creating-dynamic-forms-a-new-feature-headed-for-qgis-1-4/

I need a way to hook my own dialog into the edittool, but only using the
ui-file is not enough, because I need to fill/layout the dialog with
dropdowns according to a certain context.

Any ideas, pointers or lines of code to be able to use a truly dynamic
scriptable form?

For example: where do I hook a python plugin into the edittool(s)?

Did other people already do a project like this?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde