[Qgis-developer] Unloading and reloading of plugins

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:36:25 EST 2010

Hooray for this improvement!
As a newbie trying to build a plugin (and making endless mistakes) I
was tired of restarting qgis all the time.
Thanks a lot

I think that it would be a good idea to have this functionality in the
GUI incorporated as a plugin for python developpers. This way it would
be cleaner for normal users, who probably don't have the need to
reload plugins, so they can do without one more button or menu in the
GUI. This plugin could also be enhanced in the future, if the need
arises, to incorporate other utilities to speed up dev'ing.

It would also be nice if the plugin manager used this new this
feature, this way when a plugin gets updated it won't be necessary to
restart Qgis.