[Qgis-developer] Unloading and reloading of plugins

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Thu Jan 7 10:44:24 EST 2010

> IMHO, a good place can be in Plugins menu, after Manage Plugins:
> something like
>
> Reload  >  All plugins / the list of all loaded plugins so that one can
> pick up just one

I think the list of all plugins wouldn't be too handy:
1. It could be too long
2. it requires entering an additional menu level.
3. it's hard to set a keyboard shortcut

So I prefer one simple menu item, either 'reload all loaded plugins' (what
hopefully won't be too slowly) or configurable for one plugin you're just
working on. The former is defininety simpler ;)

>I think that it would be a good idea to have this functionality in the
>GUI incorporated as a plugin for python developpers

Oh and it's also a good solution, easier to configure.

> It would also be nice if the plugin manager used this new this
> feature, this way when a plugin gets updated it won't be necessary to
> restart Qgis.

will be done after the Sunday :)