[Qgis-developer] Python based Renderer (V2) for vector field data

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Tue Jan 12 16:42:38 EST 2010

I trying to develop a renderer as a python plugin, using the symbology-ng rendering interface.  The renderer is to plot a vector field data from a vectory layer as arrows at each point, where the size and orientation of the arrow is calculated from attributes of the point.

This is going well up to the point of being able to create the renderer from the python console, and render data.  I have one issue which is that I wanted to use one of the existing symbol layers (QgsSimpleMarkerSymbolLayerV2) but I think that this is not defined in the python interface?  However this is easy to work around for the moment.

However now that I have a working renderer I am wanting to have it integrated into the application.  To do this I think I need to install the renderer into the registry, and then create a widget to select and configure it.

I don't think  I can do this using python.  Just trying to do the first bit - install the renderer into the interface - I think that the python interface doesn't provide the necessary functionality?  I don't have the QgsRendererV2Metadata class, or the QgsRendererV2Registry

Perhaps I am completely on the wrong track, and I should be doing this some other way?

Any suggestions as to how to proceed from here?

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.