[Qgis-developer] Python 3

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Thu Jan 14 11:28:16 EST 2010

Hi Markus,

Sorry if I don't answer your question but.... my 2 cents is that you should
know python 2 too. I don't think the difference between python 2 and 3 is
"huge". I think there are only a few "incompatible changes" to do. And the
main reason is that a lot of libraries wont migrate to python3 yet because
python2 is still largely used.

Alan

On January 14, 2010 11:15:40 am Markus Mayr wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I asked this question on the Qgis-community mailing list but was
> redirected to the qgis-developer list (thank you for this hint, Tim).
>
> Are you planning on supporting Python 3 in Qgis 2 ?
> Since I saterted to "learn" Python recently, it would be nice to
> concentrate on just one python version.
>
> regards,
> Markus

Alan Boudreault