[Qgis-developer] Web mapping framework?

Zoran Jankovic zoran.jankovic at zisis.hr
Fri Jan 15 12:54:30 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>wrote:

> Hi Zoran,
>
> For the client part I would recommend any of (or a combination of)
> OpenLayers/GeoExt/MapFish. All three are related.
>
> For the Server either UMN Mapserver or Geoserver is fine. There is also a
> QGIS mapserver developed by Marco Hugentobler. Marco will work on it later
> this year so you can re-use .qgs project files for web projects (without
> having to write other config files). Meanwhile you can already use QGIS
>  mapserver, but you have to write an SLD. It will serve the data as WMS. UMN
> and Geoserver are certainly more tested and perhaps faster than the current
> QGIS mapserver.
>
> Marco can tell you more about QGIS mapserver.
>
> Andreas

Thanks Andreas,

This QGIS mapserver sounds promising, I'll look into this. As I said speed
is not my primary concern now, but simplicity and "looks"...

Anyone here with working experience with Fusion? They seem to be much more
concentrated on MapGuide, not Mapserver? But that's a question for some
other mailing list...

I'm still interested in hearing from anyone willing to share his/her
experience... (QGIS + Mapserver...).

BR,

---
Zoran Jankovic
ZIS-Izrada softvera i savjetovanje / ZIS - Software Development and
Consulting

http://www.zisis.hr

M: 00 385 98 682 902
T:  00 385 44 683 374