[Qgis-developer] Web mapping framework?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 14 15:58:43 EST 2010

Hi Zoran,

For the client part I would recommend any of (or a combination of)
OpenLayers/GeoExt/MapFish. All three are related.

For the Server either UMN Mapserver or Geoserver is fine. There is also
a QGIS mapserver developed by Marco Hugentobler. Marco will work on it
later this year so you can re-use .qgs project files for web projects
(without having to write other config files). Meanwhile you can already
use QGIS  mapserver, but you have to write an SLD. It will serve the
data as WMS. UMN and Geoserver are certainly more tested and perhaps
faster than the current QGIS mapserver.

Marco can tell you more about QGIS mapserver.

Andreas