[Qgis-developer] Xcode build problems

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jan 16 18:49:57 EST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 5:28 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> William,
>
> Under the pyqwt build step, are you to cd into the configure directory within the pyqwt source? This part is unclear, and I am getting an error trying that with your configure statement.
>

> sh: /bin/qmake: No such file or directory
> make: qwt_version_info.mak: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `qwt_version_info.mak'.  Stop.
> sh: qwt_version_info.app/Contents/MacOS/qwt_version_info: No such file or directory
> Failed to import qwt_version_info.

Ah, there is a detail in the PyQt build that up to now wasn't important, but it is for PyQwt.  I'm not sure if it's a PyQt bug or not, or maybe a glitch in Qt if PyQt gets this setting from Qt.  After configuring PyQt, edit pyqtconfig.py and change the qt_dir line to:

'qt_dir': '/usr',

then make and install.  You can fix an already-installed PyQt by editing the installed pyqtconfig.py.

Then the PyQwt configure will work.  I'll update INSTALL with this.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin