[Qgis-developer] print function returns nothing

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Jan 18 02:55:04 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Lutfi Oduncuoglu
<lutfioduncuoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to get some output with print function and nothing returns, ıs
> there way usşng print in qgis in different way?

 What operating system? Print has always worked for me under Linux.
Normally under Windows there's no console, so where is the print going
to go? Or are you starting Qgis from a command line console and not
getting any output?

 You could use python's ability to print to a log file if you are
really pulling your hair out with this.

> Also I would be appreciate if you send some code examples that for analyzing
> the shape files. This is an urgent situation,

 Plenty of code examples in the Qgis source, especially the python
plugins. Note that Qgis tends to work on Qgis layers, which may or may
not be shapefiles - they could be PostGIS layers or any other OGR
source really.

 If it's a really urgent situation then I find that money makes things
happen a lot quicker. There are companies that will do Qgis
development for you, see the Qgis web site or the OSgeo web site for
help.

Barry

--
blog: http://geospaced.blogspot.com/