[Qgis-developer] sip compile error

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:42:23 EST 2010

Hi all.

I have the same trouble, I can't even use QGIS from binary packages after
compiling SIP 4.10. Riverbank seems to delete previous SIP releases from the
servers. Altough I did also compile PyQT 4.7 trying to fix it.

I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) and I get a *Segmentation fault* if I want to
use PyQGIS.

I don't know if there is a correct combination of Qt, PyQt, Python and SIP
versions.

I wonder how are using QGIS 1.4 the Ubuntu (9.04) users.   :-/

Germán.

2010/1/25 Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>

> Martin Dobias wrote:
>
>> sip 4.7.x doesn't work anymore. Try a higher version (4.9 or 4.10 are
>> known to work fine).
>>

> Thanks Martin for your anser.
> But this means I'm not able to compile qgis anymore on my vanilla 9.04
> ubuntu without compiling sip myself :-(
> Do we really have to be that upfront?
>
> Regards,
> Richard Duivenvoorde