[Qgis-developer] sip compile error

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 16:59:47 EST 2010

2010/1/25 Germán Carrillo <carrillo.german at gmail.com>:
> Hi all.
>
> I have the same trouble, I can't even use QGIS from binary packages after
> compiling SIP 4.10. Riverbank seems to delete previous SIP releases from the
> servers. Altough I did also compile PyQT 4.7 trying to fix it.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) and I get a Segmentation fault if I want to
> use PyQGIS.
>
> I don't know if there is a correct combination of Qt, PyQt, Python and SIP
> versions.

There might be additional packages dependent on SIP/PyQt that might
need recompilation when upgrading SIP/PyQt - python bindings for Qwt
or QScintilla may cause the havoc. Start python interpreter and do
various imports (sip, PyQt4, qgis.core) to find out which part of the
chain is broken.

Anyway I'll try to fix the compilation for sip 4.7.

Martin