[Qgis-developer] Render miniature rasters?

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:11:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:49:16 +0200
Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 21/07/2010 20:09, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:
>
> > Some time ago I've start to develop plugin that placed photo thumbnails
> > based on their EXIF coordinates on QGIS map canvas, also it can display
> > full photo when user clicks on thumbnail. I my work I've use custom map
> > canvas approach as in Martin's qgis-mapper (really cool and very usefull
> > project!).
>
> BTW: what is the state of this project?

It's in early stage, I've start it as test project. User can
load photos, change thumbnails size (in some range) and view full image
after clicking on thumbnail. Also plugin creates an point shapefile
based on photos EXIF tags in same way as Photo2Shape does.

But photos don't stored in any place and after reopening project you need
to load photos again. There is some performance and quality issues with
thumbnails generation.

> > I have many another ideas about improving this plugin but unfortunatelly
> > I don't have much time for implementing, even for debugging and releasing
> > plugin with only existing functions.
>
> Anyone willing to take this on? Alex, would you mind making your code available, so
> eventually others could help improving it?

Ok, I'll do some refactoring and make it available

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 01:19:56 +0200
Giuseppe Sucameli <brush.tyler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I think there are people who would help on improving a great feature like
> this.
> Would you have other ideas as good as this that you didn't release yet? ;)

Yes, I have some other ideas. Also I think Maxim has many ideas too.

--
Alexander Bruy