[Qgis-developer] Render miniature rasters?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jul 21 08:00:50 EDT 2010

Hi Magnus

If the images are related to vector features and the image path comes from an
attribute, creating a new renderer seems to be a good choice.

If the images are not feature / attributes related (and you don't have
thousands of it on the canvas), you could also implement the images as canvas
items.

I have code for a very simple plugin that inserts/removes image items at click
locations. The plugin was used for educational purposes, but maybe it could be
enhanced to something useful:

www.hugis.net/imageplugin.tgz

Regards,
Marco

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2010, um 12.56:48 schrieb Magnus Homann:
> What does it take development-wise to accomplish what one can do in google
> maps, i.e showing as symbol a miniature of a raster (different per point).
>
> Like so:
>
> http://skogsforum.se/download/file.php?id=4288&mode=view
>
> A new renderer?
>
> Magnus

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions
Webereistr. 66, CH-8134 Adliswil, Switzerland