[Qgis-developer] Re: [QGIS Commit] r13951 - in trunk/qgis: python/core src/app src/core

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 21 09:57:59 EDT 2010

So, I have been interested for a while in the possibility to set a different path more appropriate for the system, like the user application data folder on Windows and the user application support folder on OS X.

Bummer, looks like this update is just for setting the path at runtime, which is not really possible, or at least difficult, to do for the OS X application (you just don't normally start applications with switches, but you can from a Terminal, yuck).

I found this patch ticket for compiling in a system-specific default.

http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1442

It only has a Windows default, but a Mac default should be easy to add.  I wonder if it could be combined with this runtime switch change?

On Jul 21, 2010, at 8:12 AM, svn_qgis at osgeo.org wrote:

> Author: wonder
> Date: 2010-07-21 13:12:47 +0000 (Wed, 21 Jul 2010)
> New Revision: 13951
>
> Modified:
>   trunk/qgis/python/core/qgsapplication.sip
>   trunk/qgis/src/app/main.cpp
>   trunk/qgis/src/core/qgsapplication.cpp
>   trunk/qgis/src/core/qgsapplication.h
> Log:
> [FEATURE] Added --configpath option that overrides the default path (~/.qgis) for user configuration and forces QSettings to use this directory, too.\
> This allows users to e.g. carry QGIS installation on a flash drive together with all plugins and settings.
>
> Developed for Faunalia (http://www.faunalia.it) with funding from Regione Toscana - Sistema Informativo per la Gestione del Territorio e dell' Ambiente [RT-SIGTA].
> For the project: "Sviluppo di prodotti software GIS open-source basati sui prodotti QuantumGIS e Postgis (CIG 037728516E)"

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.