[Qgis-developer] possible wms-c bug?

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Wed Jul 28 08:14:56 EDT 2010

Hello.

I would like to confirm this is a problem with qgis 1.5 before opening a ticket...

I'm trying to connect to a tilecache service, that has an incorrect capabilities doc. Specifically it publicizes wrong OnlineResources urls.
When I connect to this service QGIS shows a window asking if the publicized urls should be ignored. I answer yes. From here on QGIS does not make any further requests to the server. I checked the traffic with a proxy, and the only request that shows up is for the capabilities doc.

I was convinced that QGIS would use the url I entered when creating the service, ignoring the caps. doc but still using the original I provided.

So, is this the expected behavior? If so, wouldn't it be best to just tell the user the service is not usable instead of adding the service to the map that doesn't work?

You can try this with the following url:
http://mapas.igeo.pt/tilecache/tilecache.py

I corrected the capabilities doc. You can find it here:
http://beja019.edia.pt/mapasigeopttilecache.xml

I just changed all the OnlineResources urls to http://mapas.igeo.pt/tilecache/tilecache.py?.

Thanks,
Duarte