[Qgis-developer] Re: Eric4, QScintilla and QGIS

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jul 30 12:48:21 EDT 2010

On 07/30/2010 02:27 AM, dncarreira wrote:

> Alex, I'll try emailing riverbank.
>
> In the meanwhile I tried SPE but couldn't find any qt tools integrated with
> it. Can you compile .ui to .py or .qrc to .py using the gui?
>
> I also found Monkey Studio [1] which does include this kind of integration.
> It seemed a bit unstable though - still testing... it does integrate very
> well with Qt designer - you don't even have to open Qt designer separately.
>
> Duarte
>
> [1]  http://monkeystudio.org/ http://monkeystudio.org/
>
> -----
> Duarte

No but compiling those is so easy on a command line:
pyuic4 -o UIexample.py UIexample.ui
pyrcc4 -o resources_rc.py resources.qrc

I imagine if you really wanted to integrate it, a quick python script
calling those commands could be linked to buttons in any editor.

Besides, I consider auto-completion of code a much more important aspect
of integration. And Winpdb the debugger that comes with SPE is capable
of debugging QGIS plugins while they are running in QGIS. Supposedly you
can do this with ERIC but I haven't figured out how.

Thanks,
Alex