[Qgis-developer] Re: GdalTools versions

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Fri Jun 4 18:05:52 EDT 2010

Dnia piątek, 4 czerwca 2010 o 23:32:15 Giuseppe Sucameli napisał(a):
> Solved... The issue is the one I described in the previous mail.
>
> However, if I install the experimental GdalTools (v.1.2.3) and
> I restart QGis as required, the plugin doesn't replace the one in trunk.
>
> Is it the correct behaviour?
> If it is, maintaining the experimental one make no sense!

It should replace it. Otherwise there were no possibility to upgrade plugins.

As you probably know, plugins bundled with qgis are installed in the
/usr/share/qgis/python/plugins (or similar), while plugins installed by the
installer go to ~/.qgis/python/plugins.

Now, plugins in the home directory *always* cover the ones in /usr (even
regardless of the version - if the instance in the home directory is older,
qgis only displays a warning message and suggest to uninstall it).