[Qgis-developer] GDAL internal libtiff

Jamie Adams jaadfoo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 17:04:17 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I've been compiling GDAL 1.7 using the internal tiff support (for BigTiff).
 QGIS 1.4 still requires the system libtiff to be installed, which is an
older version from what GDAL is using.  Does this cause any conflicts /
instability?  I occasionally get crashes when viewing large GeoTiffs (with
pyramids), but haven't spent much time debugging.  I ask because I'm in the
process of setting up several new machines and I'd like everything as stable
as possible, yet keep the steps simple.  I'll compile libtiff 4.0 if needed,
but only if it makes a difference.

Thanks,

Jamie