[Qgis-developer] Quiet mode for providers

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:14:21 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I'm creating a lot of QgsVectorLayer within a loop using a custom query
(postgres provider).
So, if some of the layers I create contain no rows, I see a message box
because the provider cannot retrieve the srid and geometry type.
This is a problem within a loop, because these message boxes stop the
execution until users press the OK button.

I think would be a good thing to have a quiet mode and a function to
retrieve the error message.
We already have vl.isValid() to test if it's all ok!

What's your opinion about it?

Cheers.

--
Giuseppe Sucameli