[Qgis-developer] Re: Trac SPAM

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Jun 12 04:40:57 EDT 2010

Il 12/06/2010 10:17, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> I guess you are updating each ticket manually to 1.6?

Right.

> Usually when I
> close the milestone I just use the trac function to push all remaining
> open tickets to the next milestone. I understand in this situation you
> are wanting to keep some tickets (showstoppers) back in 1.5 so my
> normal way may not work.

Exactly: I want to check all the tickets, as we have some of rubbish around, and
sooner or later someone has to deal with it.

> I think there is probably some other approach
> we can take to in batch update all tickets to milestone 1.6 and then
> just pull back the critical bugs to 1.5 - may be worth looking for
> that approach as beyond the trac spam issue its going to take you a
> looong time doing it manually.

Not so long: I started with about 400 tickets, and we're now close to 100.
I also reassigned tickets with no milestone, and from 1.0.3 to 1.6 whenever appropriate.
Of course I can make mistakes, but I guess reading the tickets is a safer way.
I think now main devs have an easier task: just go through the remaining ~100 tickets
[0] and either:
- close them if inappropriate
- move to 1.6 or 2.0 if too complex to be fixed in the remaining time frame
- fix them if possible.
I believe this approach needs some effort, but will end up in 1.5 being the best
version ever (as it is true for every release, isn't it? :) ).
BTW: what do you think of removing/closing the 1.0.3 milestone?
All the best.

[0]
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=Version+1.5.0